Organizations and Training
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation – training, standards, conferences for Critical Incident Stress Management and crisis intervention.
- Crisis Reponse Care – K-Love’s free crisis intervention training classes. Yes, FREE!
- First Responder Support Network – holds retreats for responders and significant others in Northern California. Includes a directory of clinicians who are competent with responders.
- On-Site Academy – Similar to FRSN (above), holds retreats for responders in Massachusetts.
- Fireflex Yoga
- Yoga for First Responders
- Firestrong.org – links to resources for numerous fire agencies, for firefighters and their families.
- California Peer Support Association – State-wide peer support training, conference, newsletter for law enforcement, fire, EMS, dispatchers and more.
- Training for Safety – Courses for public safety, dispatchers, probation, parole, corrections, clergy and educators, including CISM, death and trauma notification, suicide. Courses are POST certified.
- Bay Area Critical Incident Stress Management Team
- California Fire Chaplain Association – Training and support for fire chaplains serving in California
- 10-33 Foundation – Crisis intervention, stress awareness, management and mitigation for public safety and military.
- Oakland Firefighters Random Acts – Balancing critical incident stress with acts of kindness.
- California Emergency Dispatcher Association